Category Archives: iPhone photos
Bernie and I went out to Zabeel Park today for Ripe Market, one of the many farmer’s market type that pops up during the cooler months. Ripe Market has been going on for a few years and they have other events in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah too. They even have an evening market in Al Barsha Pond Park.
We made a beeline for the Raw Coffee truck and were both amazed at the never-changing quality of their coffee. Kim was at the till too! She is one of the owners of Raw Coffee and it’s great to see her being so involved.
Since we didn’t get to have breakfast at home, we walked around the stalls to decide what to eat. It was so difficult to narrow it down to just one choice! So many good food on offer, so little time. Essential, Book Munch, S’wich, Moti Roti, Fraiche, Taqado…and so many more food outlets offering amazing food. In the end, we decided on a chicken wrap with fries from S’wich and mini pancakes from Holland House to go with our gorgeous flat whites from Raw.
It was a beautiful day, a little windy but that was welcome. It does get really hot if you stand under the sun for too long. Thank goodnews for the trees in the park! We even found an area with table tennis equipment, free for anyone to use, so we played for a while.
Days like these are one of the best things about living in Dubai. The sun still shines strong but as long as you slap on an SPF50, you’re good to go. It’s also a waste of a beautiful day to stay indoors and not bask in the glorious winter sun.
I hope you’re enjoying the weekend. Belated happy Thanksgiving to my friends and family in America. Enjoy your turkey coma 🙂
Some trivia about the number 44:
- The largest number for which Wolfram Alpha offers a visual representation. I am not exactly sure what this means but the word “Wolfram” means something to me. And if you know me, you would know why.
- The code for international direct dial phone calls to the United Kingdom.
- Vicks Formula 44 is a cough suppressant.
- Barack Obama is the 44th President of The United States of America.
- The number of candles in a box of Hanukkah candles.
- In the year 44 BC, Julius Caesar, assassinated in the Senate.
- In the year 2044, the events of the 2012 science fiction film “Looper” take place.
I did receive private messages from my children, a hug from the husband and the youngest son, phone call from my parents and lots of messages from friends and family everywhere. Josica made a special tiramisu cake and brought me flowers. My colleagues made the day quite special. Thank you all.
I did not expect that, which makes it even better! Thank you everyone for the well wishes, the emails, the PMs, the WhatsApp messages. I do not feel my age at all 🙂
I hope you’re enjoying your Sunday. To those who are on the other side of the world, enjoy the rest of your weekend! To those on this side of the globe, have a great rest of the week ahead.