Massive thanks to Helen at Stitching Yesteryear for nominating me for the Inspiring Blogger Award. This is a first for me, so it is very special. Thank you so much!
Alrighty then, here are 7 facts about me:
1. I do not have a driver’s license, never needed to drive in all my life and doubt if I will ever attempt to learn. However, I can drive a go-kart rather well, and of course, I drive a stick shift effortlessly in my dreams!
2. I broke my yarn diet the other week. I blame the good deal on shiny cotton blend from ColorMart. But in my defense, I have knitted way more this year so far than I ever have since I started knitting.
3. I can’t dance.
4. If money was not an issue, I would ditch regular employment and pursue photography as a hobby and a career.
5. My feet smell, but only when I wear shoes with a particular kind of inner sole so I try to avoid buying those now.
6. Our cat Luca freaks out and hides under the table when I do my Zumba sessions in the living room. I am sure it’s the music that bugs him and not the fact that I look like an idiot with arms and legs flailing all over the place.
7. I can’t really cook. I get lucky with recipes most of the time and once I get something to work I try to stick to it and do very little to add variety to the dishes.
And here are my 15 nominations for the Inspiring Blogger Award. These are just some of the amazing people I connect with online who always have something inspiring to say or show through their photographs.
1. My dear friend Litchi of Spit The Pips. Her talent in Photoshop translated so flawlessly into actual photography and she remains one of my biggest inspiration and influence when it comes to photography.
2. My dear friend Preeti of Rambling Roses. Amazing knitter, budding designer, the hostess with the most-est, superMom and a great source of support in my times of need.
3. Carrie of We Do Not Have a Knitting Problem. Knitwear designer extraordinaire, dedicated Notre Dame football fan (go Irish!), baker, knitter, and an all-around joy of a person!
4. Cristi, aka Turtlegirl, whose Tabby Tuesday posts I always look forward to. Amazing knitter and designer too!
5. Leanne of Leanne Cole Photography. Her images of Australian landscape and urban decay will blow you away with their beauty and depth. Plus she has these mini tutorials on post processing which really work!
6. Elizabeth of All Knit and No Sheep. I got to know Elizabeth through knitting, obviously but she is more than that. Yes, she is an amazing knitwear designer and knitter, but she also writes poetry and we share a predeliction for mushrooms!
7. Kellie of Le Zoe Musings. Her blog is an amazing feast for the eyes! Her blog showcases everything from baby to food to travel.
8. Polly of Watching the Photo Reels Go Round and Round. I like her fresh take on the usual subjects and her crisp, vibrant images are a welcome addition to my blog feeds.
9. Kim of Indigodragonfly. Dyer extraordinaire. Some of the best colours available plus the funniest colourway names too!
10. Heidi of Step into my Thimble. She has a tattoo of a thimble on her arm. And she is an amazing knitter, a dedicated mom, archivist, and bookworm. Generally, a great person to know and enjoy an afternoon in a cafe with!
11. Sukaina of Sips and Spoonfuls. She is a Dubai-based freelance food writer and photographer. Her recipes and the photographs that accompany every post are amazing! I hope to meet her in person soon.
12. Grace of Sandier Pastures. Amazing mom, very regular blogger, great tips and links every week.
13. Angel, the one and only Lakwatsero, amazing DIY travel guide who just blows you away with stunning images but most importantly tips on the most cost-efficient way to travel to exotic places.
14. Cassy of Knit The Hell Out. Awesome knitter and neat blogger. She designs knitwear too!
15. Phoblography. Photos by Shew. Stunning images!
To everyone I nominated, please find below the rules for accepting this Award.
– Display the award logo on your blog page.
– Link back to the person who nominated you.
– State 7 facts about yourself.
– Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
– Notify those bloggers of their nomination and the award’s requirements.