That’s what my life feels like at the moment. Everything is a blur. Life rushing past me and me rushing by. I know I have to slow down, take time to chill and shut down on weekends. But I can’t. I’m not a robot, I do love my work but I need more than 2 days a week to shut it all off and return to normal life.
I’m not really complaining. Again. Just making an observation.
In more jolly news, I received the package from my yarn swap partner at Ravelry. Teri has spoiled me beyond words! I knew since the 14th that the package had arrived – all 3lbs of it! It made me wonder what on earth she sent me and at the same time made me feel a bit guilty about not including better and more stuff in what I sent her.
Anyway, I got them yesterday and holy crap she sent me some seriously amazing stuff! There’s:
- One skein of hand-dyed (by a friend of hers) Mmmalabrigo. The colour is perfect for a Better Bucket Hat which is in my queue in Ravelry anyway.
- One skein Opal Fantasie sock yarn, enough for a pair of socks. I just know the striping effect on this will be amazing.
- Two skeins JL Vinca sock yarn in these earthy shades of warm yellow, brown with hints of blue.
- Five, yes five skeins of the softest, silkiest Silky Cashmere from Elsebeth Lavold. I already know what to make with these and have queued up Ridged Lace Cowl by Elinor Brown which I will give to my aunt in Toronto when finished.
- Two printed out sock patterns: Grumperina’s Jaywalkers and True Love Socks by Thayer Preece
- A tube of knitter’s hand lotion with the sweetest smelling beeswax ever.
- A hard-bound copy of Friday Night Knitting Club
- Chocolates! Which I left in my desk drawer at work.
This is the last lot of yarn that I will get this year, either through purchase or swaps. I have a sizeable stash now and need to start knitting seriously away. So no more oggling the posts in the ISO and Destashing group in Ravelry no matter how tempting!
Recently, I helped a colleague of mine design a simple email invitation for an incentive she wanted to offer her clients. I love being able to play around in Photoshop at work so I said yes before Rania even finished asking the question. She was so nice about it and even asked permission from Tim if she could ask my help. Anyway, I created something for her which she then pinged to her clients via email. Twenty four hours later, she received no less than 30 referrals from 5 existing clients!
She was truly pleased so she said she’ll take me out to lunch along with Maria, our Admin Manager. That lunch happened on Tuesday and Maria and I decided to go to Madinat Jumeirah. I brought my camera with me because the Madinat is always a great place to take photos.